Wednesday, February 28, 2018

George Washington's Secret Six- The Spy Ring That Saved the American Revolution



George Washington's Secret Six audiobook cover art

Written By-  Brian Kilmeade & Don Yaeger
Narrated By- Brian Kilmeade

Well, February has now come and nearly gone.  I decided not to do lace and hearts for this month's selection.  Instead, I began thinking about President's Day and found this book about our first President.  I really enjoyed this story about espionage that helped our new country escape the strong arm of the British crown.  I was drawn into the story that referred to Revolutionary War history that I was familiar with and filled in the gaps with little-known facts of the Secret Six.  I really liked a quote from the book's Epilogue.  An observation of a British Major George Beckwith:"Washington did not really outfight the British, he simply outspied us!"  I encourage you to try this book out.  We have this book in audio CD and digital download for your listening pleasure and of course in regular book form also.



No comments:

Post a Comment