Thursday, April 19, 2018

CAROLINE - Little House, Revisited

Front Cover


Author- Sarah Miller
Performed by- Elizabeth Marvel

This title caught my eye since I love all things Laura Ingalls Wilder!  Of course, I had read the original Little House book set as a child and then to my children.  I grew up on the prairie in Western South Dakota just a few miles from where my Great-grandmother Elizabeth Ingalls Staked a Homesteading Claim at the age of 17.  Naturally, I was intrigued by the different view of Laura’s mother Caroline in this story.  I knew the basic story already but I was drawn into Caroline’s world.  What a different perspective than what Laura had written from.  It was so enjoyable to listen to this book.  Elizabeth Marvel does an excellent job with changing her voice for the different characters and her singing does not hurt your ears!  It was easy to feel like you were riding in the covered wagon along with the Ingalls’ family or helping fight a prairie fire to save their home and family with only burlap sacks and a wash tub of water.  I really enjoyed this book!  I was disappointed with the end of the book though.  The author had drawn me into the story’s detailed progression and then just wrapped it all up in such an abrupt manner.  It was like hitting the bottom of a French fry container with no warning and no extra fry that had escaped.  But alas, maybe I just wanted the book to keep going.  So, check it out and enjoy!  Let me know what you think of it.  




1 comment:

  1. It was great to get feedback on this blog post.

    ReplyDelete