Friday, October 28, 2016

No One Knows by Ellison, J. T.


A husband goes missing one night and five years later is legally declared dead.  This is a fast paced thriller.  If you are looking for a book that is on the same lines as Girl on a Train, or Gone Girl, this book will be a great read for you.  It is one of those stories that you don’t want to stop listening to.  So if you are looking for a great thriller, pick this one up. 

I thought I would do something a little different today and tell you what is on my radar for books to listen to that I think you will enjoy. 

  • The Fireman by Joe Hill 
    I have started reading this one and do plan on listening to the narrator just to see how the he is good in this book.  I am hooked! This book is great!  I have also heard buzz that it will be made into a movie.  It definitely makes me want to forget all adult responsibilities.
  • The Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch
    Series order  1) Pines 2) Wayward 3) Last Town
    This is a TV series which I did not know, so I will be going back and watching this show after I listen to the series.  So far, the narrator is amazing in this series. If you like a thriller with a little sci-fi twist you will want to check out the Book on CD. 
  • Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
    This book has been getting a lot of buzz and I am really excited to try it out.  It is next on my list after I finish The Fireman. 
  • Not here yet, but on order is: Couple Next Door by Shari LapeƱa is also on my list.  How well do you know who lives next to you?  This one I think will be an edge of your seat suspense. 
  • The View From the Cheap Seats Neil Gaiman is a phenomenal narrator and he narrates his own book.  A coworker has told me how much she is enjoying it, so I will be picking it up as well. 
 

If you have not listened to Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey, it is an excellent series that you may really enjoy.  It is currently 5 books into the series with the 6th book coming out in December.  One that I have blogged about in the past Red Rising by Pierce Brown you should pick it up if you haven’t already.  It is a trilogy.  Another trilogy that you will find yourself sitting in the car wishing you had somewhere else to go, is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.  Game of Thrones also has one of the best narrators.  If you have not listened to this series it is another great one.  Let me know what you think.  Do you like seeing what is on my listening list?  What would you like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment